Join us for this free, detailed webinar from the business experts at FranNet. Designed just for you to answer all those initial questions on business and franchising basics, we’ll cover:
-The advantages to starting a business
-A look at franchise ownership
-Misconceptions about franchising
-Building equity as a strategy
-How to find the right franchise
Stop climbing the corporate ladder, and create one! If you’re considering business ownership, it’s essential to use the best available resources so you can get it right the first time. At FranNet, we use an established, proprietary process to match a person’s talents and goals with the right franchise choice. In a recent study we conducted on clients we’ve placed into business, we found that:
-More than 85% of our clients are still open after five years
-Nearly 15% of our clients are top performers in their franchise
-These are all “Best in Class” numbers for our industry
There are other franchise brokerage-type services out there, but what makes FranNet unique is how we look at your career options first, and then jointly decide if business ownership is the right option for you. All of our consultants are locally based and bring face-to-face attention to your needs so that we’re personally there for you every step of the way. And perhaps the best part is that our services are completely free to you throughout.
This webinar should last about 60 minutes depending on group participation. Let FranNet help you become what you’ve always wanted to be.
*Not able to attend the live webinar? Everyone who registers will receive a link to the recorded version following the presentation.
Join us for some afternoon tea as we learn about this emerging cafe brand. This business is a ground floor opportunity in a very well established $40 billion dollar-per-year industry that is growing by nearly 10% per year and the business has been around for nearly 25 years.
This business provides a product that 83% of Americans consume multiple times daily, so it has tremendous built-in demand. It’s a business that has done a great job of diferentiating themselves based on quality, fresh, all natural products, that are locally sourced, all served in an upscale, relaxed environment.
This business can be run semi-absentee which means the owners can keep th safety and security of their full-time job, hire a manager to run the day-to-day operations and still open multiple units.
Please join us on May 4th from the comfort of your home or office for this no grease traps, no cooks, simple business model!
Jumping into entrepreneurship? It doesn’t have to be a leap of faith.
If you’re an experienced business professional who’s tired of the corporate world, this event is your first step to becoming your own boss. You’ll learn how to leverage your expertise and leadership skills to launch your own profitable business.
Have you wanted more autonomy, independence, pride, or meaning in your work?
Business ownership is a great way to reignite your passion for the work that you do, but everyone knows that you can’t just dive in. There’s a lot of research and learning involved in launching a new business, and most people don’t know where to begin. Starting a new business on your own can be daunting—and you will most likely come away with more questions than answers.
You may be wondering:
- What are my options for business ownership?
- What is the best business or business model for my experience and skill set?
- Should I start a business from scratch, buy an existing business, or license a business?
- How can I launch a recession-resistant business?
- Where do I begin with financing?
- How much money do I really need to start a new business?
- How can I reduce my risk when starting a new business?
- Which business models have been proven to work in my location and this economy?
Are you ready to get started?
If you’re ready to take on business ownership but aren’t sure where to begin or what the next step may be, this event is the perfect place to start. The speakers presenting at this event will include business, administrative, legal, and financial experts who will educate you on the best practices and approach to de-risking business ownership and becoming an entrepreneur as well as answering any questions you may have. You’ll leave this educational session armed with the knowledge to launch your profitable business and a support structure to help you along the way.
After this event, you will:
- Reduce the risk of financial loss or failure when starting your new business.
- Save time researching business models that do not give you the best odds of success.
- Understand the risks and benefits of various business models.
- Gain insight into how you can leverage your personal strengths to reduce risk.
- Learn various approaches to financing.
- Be able to make informed choices as you build a new career—one where you are in charge.
- Feel empowered and energized, better educated, and ready to enter the world of entrepreneurship.
- Have a support group of business professionals to answer questions and provide trustworthy advice.
Sessions During the Event Include:
Please arrive 15–30 minutes before the start of the event to sign in and grab some refreshments. You’ll receive your information packet and the materials you’ll use during the event.
- Business Ownership Frameworks
There are several frameworks to choose from when starting a business. During this presentation, you’ll learn what they are as well as the pros and cons of each. You’ll gain valuable insight into taking full advantage of your experience and core competencies while learning how to fill in the gaps with the help of third parties.
- Brand Panel Discussion
During this panel discussion, representatives from five national and international brands will speak about risk reduction and scaling a new business. These experts, who have opened hundreds of small local businesses worldwide, will explain how they finance new locations and set new business owners up for success.
- Entrepreneur Panel Discussion
A panel of successful local small business owners will be front-and-center to provide insight into opening a new business and share the struggles and successes they experienced along the way. You’ll hear first-hand how these entrepreneurs got started and successfully transitioned from corporate careers to business ownership while keeping risk in check.
- Using Free Consultants to Reduce Risk & Save Time and Money
This presentation will focus on how to leverage business consultants at no charge. These experts can provide free guidance in navigating the start of a new venture and help you understand your options in choosing a business model that is best suited for your experience and expertise.
Once the presentations and panels conclude, you’ll have the chance to connect with the presenters and panel participants, as well as other motivated, like-minded individuals in attendance:
- Meet attendees who share your same passion for starting a business (maybe even find that special co-founder you’ve been looking for).
- Chat with the brand representatives and business owners from the day’s panel discussions.
- Speak with experienced consultants who can help you identify your next steps.
Invest In Yourself
Minimize your opportunity cost and de-risk business ownership.This business seminar was created to help you spend less time and money trying to “get it right” and more time focused on utilizing your strengths to ensure success. Space is limited, so register today to secure your place.
Snacks and non-alchoholic refreshments will be served
Pens & notepads will be provided
Business casual attire recommended, but not required
12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Registration
1:00 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. – Business Ownership Frameworks
1:20 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. – Brand Panel Discussion
2:20 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Break
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Entrepreneur Panel Discussion
3:30 p.m. – 3:40 p.m. – Rutgers SBDC Presentation
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Using Free Consultants to Reduce Risk & Save Time and Money
4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Networking
Parking Instructions –
All attendees may park in Lot 70 as well as the Douglass Deck without a parking permit. See instructions below for directions to the parking lot once on campus.
Travel Instructions –
FROM NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE (NORTH OR SOUTH)
1. Take NJ Turnpike to EXIT 9 (New Brunswick)
2. Follow signs for ROUTE 18 (NORTH)
3. Route 18 (NORTH) to ROUTE 1 (SOUTH)
4. Route 1 (SOUTH) to THIRD EXIT (COLLEGE FARM ROAD)
5. End of exit ramp make RIGHT onto COLLEGE FARM ROAD
6. Follow COLLEGE FARM ROAD through the farm community to 4-Way Stop Sign
7. Make LEFT onto Dudley Road
8. Follow Dudley Road to end and make RIGHT onto NICHOL AVE
9. Pass 2 sets of green houses and make next RIGHT onto LIPMAN DRIVE (one-way street)
10. The Douglass Parking deck is on your LEFT
After parking in deck
11. Follow path at end of parking deck to left (opposite end you drove in)
12. The Douglass Campus Center and Trayes Hall are on your LEFT
FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY (NORTH OR SOUTH)
1. From SOUTH on the Garden State Parkway take EXIT 129 (NJ TURNPIKE – SOUTH)
2. Once on the NJ TURNPIKE SOUTH, follow directions above starting with # 1
3. From NORTH on the Garden State Parkway take EXIT 130 (ROUTE 1 – SOUTH)
4. Stay on ROUTE 1 – SOUTH over the Raritan River, PAST the exit for Route 18 (New Brunswick)
5. Take the THIRD EXIT after the exit for Route 18-New Brunswick (COLLEGE FARM ROAD)
6. Once on COLLEGE FARM ROAD, follow the directions above starting with # 5
FROM ROUTE 287 (FROM NORTH JERSEY)
1. Take ROUTE 287 SOUTH to EXIT 9
2. End of EXIT 9 make a right onto RIVER ROAD
3. Follow RIVER ROAD to intersection of ROUTE 18
4. At intersection of ROUTE 18 make right onto ROUTE 18 SOUTH
5. Follow ROUTE 18 SOUTH to the EXIT FOR ROUTE 1 SOUTH
6. Once on ROUTE 1 SOUTH, follow the direction above starting with #4
FROM ROUTE 1 (FROM SOUTH JERSEY)
1. Take ROUTE 1 NORTH, passing the intersection of ROUTE 130
2. Take the exit for DEVRY INSTITUTE
3. Stay towards left heading toward traffic light (DO NOT ENTER DEVRY LOT)
4. Turn LEFT at light under bridge and then turn RIGHT for SQUIBB DRIVE & COLLEGE FARM RD
5. Pass the entrance for SQUIBB and proceed to end of road
6. At the end of the road, make a left onto COLLEGE FARM ROAD
7. Once on COLLEGE FARM ROAD, follow the directions above starting with # 6